Easter 2018

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tin-Man's picture
Easter 2018

It was just brought to my attention this morning that Easter of 2018 happens to fall on April 1st. Oh, the irony. Let the fun begin.

Subscription Note: 

Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.

Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.

algebe's picture
All praise to Eostre, goddess

All praise to Eostre, goddess of the spring and fertility, and her beloved sacred bunny who died from eating too much chocolate and was hatched again from an egg to save us all.

Let us also take this time to thank nail-makers, and indeed the entire home improvement industry, for giving us this sacred holiday to perforate ourselves with nail guns in His holey memory while trying to build extensions on our houses.

Tin-Man's picture
Sooo.... I have this warped

Sooo.... I have this warped idea in my head relating to Jesus and the whole resurrection scene. Imagine, if you will, they had "Candid Camera" back in those days, and good ol' Alan Funt was in the tomb posing as a janitor waiting on unsuspecting people to come by and discover the body of Jesus was missing. When the people entered the tomb, Alan would be acting as though he was cleaning the tomb, and he would explain to the people he was sent to do the cleaning because the guy who had been placed there had decided to leave. Of course, after a brief period of puzzled questioning by the people met with Alan's insufficient answers, Alan would stop, place his hand on the shoulder of an individual, point toward the hidden cameras, and tell them, "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!" The unsuspecting "victims" would then bring their hands to their face as they blushed in embarrassment, and the canned laughter would be cued. That scene would cut, and all props reset to await the next person(s) to arrive. Great fun would have been had by all. I miss that show sometimes.

algebe's picture
@Tin-man: "Candid Camera"

@Tin-man: "Candid Camera"

I watched the British version back in the 60s. One episode still sticks in my mind. A well-dressed gentlemen walks around central London with smoke pouring out of his bowler hat, and everyone is too polite and uptight to tell him that his hat's on fire because he might be offended.

Jared Alesi's picture
I can see it now. Fake news

I can see it now. Fake news reports about the "second coming" and all the crazed Christians believing it. Atheists everywhere need to buy blowup dolls and fill them with helium so from a distance it looks like the rapture.

Tin-Man's picture
@Jared

@Jared

I'm gonna toss a few inflatable cats, dogs, horses, etc. in there just for the hell of it.

Jared Alesi's picture
You're a goddam genius, Tin.

You're a goddam genius, Tin.

Wait, why do you have those?

Tin-Man's picture
@Jared Re: Inflatable

@Jared Re: Inflatable animals

Uhhh...uhhhh.... Well, you see.... uhhh... Funny you should ask.... uhhhh... er.... hmmmm.... I PLEAD THE FIFTH!!!

DarkkWolfe's picture
I have always hated Easter.

I have always hated Easter. (Except the Cadbury eggs. Both the gooey ones and the chocolate candy coated ones.)

But all the drama and the reliving of Good Friday and then Easter Sunday. And multiple church services and early mornings. And THEN all these people that just celebrated the glory of the risen lord and savior of us all... yeah... they go hunt and collect fucking hard boiled colored eggs. Because that follows.

On the other hand, April fools falling on Easter makes me want to do a CG and live-action news video like war of the worlds. Freak people out. Only it would be jesus returning. "And the dead in Christ shall rise first" etc, etc.

You think we could get Will Ferrell to play jesus?

I wonder if in our tech saturated age if anyone would buy it...

Tin-Man's picture
@Dark Re: Will Ferrell

@Dark Re: Will Ferrell

Would he be playing adult Jesus, or cute, little, adorable, nine pound eight ounce sweet baby Jesus all wrapped in his swaddling clothes in the manger hay?

DarkkWolfe's picture
It's easter, not christmas

It's end-times, not christmas jong-head. ;0)

Tin-Man's picture
But I really like the cute

But I really like the cute cuddley adorable baby Jesus.

DarkkWolfe's picture
I may be alone in this, but

I may be alone in this, but as a father of three I've always felt and still feel that babies are ugly till they are at least five months old.

Can't imagine being born of a virgin would change jong about that.

Jared Alesi's picture
No human is "cute" until long

No human is "cute" until long after infancy. They're all just tubby mess-makers that jong everywhere and ruin everything. Babies are not cute. No exceptions for family, either.

Tin-Man's picture
BABY HATERS!!!

BABY HATERS!!!

Jared Alesi's picture
It's spelled 'eaters'

It's spelled 'eaters'

Tin-Man's picture
Oh. Jong. Yeah. Damn auto

Oh. Jong. Yeah. Damn auto-correct...

Tin-Man's picture
Ah-HAH! Found it! I am

Ah-HAH! Found it! I am resurrecting this post in honor of the upcoming April Fools Day Easter extravaganza!

Which reminds me.... Wonder why there are no marshmallow peeps in the shape of a cross?

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.