2017 US Total Solar Eclipse and Associated Portents.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alembé's picture
2017 US Total Solar Eclipse and Associated Portents.

On Monday, August 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse will cross the continental USA from Oregon to South Carolina.
For those who can get into the path of totality, it should be a special event to witness.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm

However, there are people out there who will probably consider this occurrence to be a sign/portent for some other major religious or apocalyptic event. For example, Darrah Perez believes that the passing of the eclipse will trigger the super volcano eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera.

http://k2radio.com/wyoming-woman-claims-yellowstone-will-erupt-during-20...

I invite you to post other crazy predictions associated with this event as you come across them.

Subscription Note: 

Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.

Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.

MCDennis's picture
The prophet muhammed will win

My prediction is that the prophet muhammed will win the Kentucky derby

Truett's picture
But instead of virgins he'll

But instead of virgins he'll have fillies waiting for him. Hope he likes horses...

CyberLN's picture
We found and booked a camping

We found and booked a camping site directly under its path. I'll report in on all the amazing phenomena that happen when the world goes dark.

Truett's picture
Thanks, CyberLN! I think I

Thanks, CyberLN! I think I'll be south of the path of totality, so any connection to someone there is somehow meaningful to me. I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say.

CyberLN's picture
Happy to be of help. It

Happy to be of help. It might be a good idea if we all donned our tinfoil hats so I can communicate the changes in real time.

charvakheresy's picture
Pictures would be appreciated

Pictures would be appreciated if you guys have the right equipment.

xenoview's picture
The end time are come with

The end time are come with this next eclipse.
APOCALYPSE NOW World predicted to end in 2017 thanks to a total solar eclipse hitting America and the UK
Christian group claim scripture suggests August 21 will bring on an apocalypse

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1728165/world-predicted-to-end-in-2017-tha...

chimp3's picture
My prediction is that

My prediction is that thousands of people will visit Kentucky who never found a reason to visit before and will never visit here again. I live about 40 miles from the primo viewing site.

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.