First Male Contraceptive Vagasel To Be Released As Early As 2017

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
ImFree's picture
First Male Contraceptive Vagasel To Be Released As Early As 2017

Vagasel the first reversible male contraceptive should be available as early as 2017: http://www.designntrend.com/articles/19538/20140914/first-male-contracep...

I’m curious to hear opinions from atheists, theists, feminists and male rights activists concerning the effects and reproductive power shifts this product will introduce to society.

Subscription Note: 

Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.

Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.

Nyarlathotep's picture
Uhh isn't the condom more or

Uhh isn't the condom more or less a "male contraceptive"? :)

Travis Hedglin's picture
If 'reversible' was taken to

If 'reversible' was taken to mean putting it on inside out, that would be one mean feat...

ImFree's picture
Would probably ruin the mood.

Would probably ruin the mood.....

ImFree's picture
Perhaps you should write the

Perhaps you should write the author of the article and point that out. Maybe ownership applies to the gender that brought the condoms. LOL

ImFree's picture
“Abstinence only” will be

“Abstinence only” will be less appealing as an option and paternity fraud will be riskier.

Vagasel might encourage the passage of mandatory DNA testing laws at birth.

ThePragmatic's picture
"It will simply block the

"It will simply block the tubes that transport sperm from the testes."

Ever heard of "blue balls"? :D

ImFree's picture
LOL….yes “blue balls” is not

LOL….yes “blue balls” is not known as a comfortable condition. However, according to some additional information from this abc news article fluid is allowed to pass:

“As seen in this animation provided by the group, Vasalgel is injected into the vas deferens, the tube that sperm swim through.

Once in place, it works like a filter, allowing fluids to pass, but not the larger sperm. Researchers say it's proven effective in preventing pregnancy in animal testing.”

http://abc7news.com/health/vasalgel-could-be-wonder-birth-control-for-me...

CyberLN's picture
I heard there was a new birth

I heard there was a new birth control pill coming out for men...it's put in the shoe and makes him limp.

ImFree's picture
Sounds good, no hard feelings

Sounds good, no hard feelings : )

Jeff Vella Leone's picture
Thanks for the info ImFree.

Thanks for the info ImFree.

ImFree's picture
Welcome Jeff, when this

Welcome Jeff, when this product hits the market the social implications will be interesting to observe.

CyberLN's picture
Hopefully this won't have the

Hopefully this won't have the same enormous side effects problems associated with women's birth control pills. I just hope folks don't discontinue the use of condoms for disease protection.

ImFree's picture
Unfortunately, temptation not

Unfortunately, temptation not to use condoms will be one of the negatives.

Anybody interested in reading more about Vagasel can do a Google search for: Parsemus Foundation or Parsemus Groundwork

They are the organization behind putting it on the market.

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.