QUESTIONS AJ777 refuses to answer.

134 posts / 0 new
Last post
NewSkeptic's picture
"Look at your own life.

"Look at your own life. Worthless, useless, struggling for attention, friendless and alone. You have sunk so low that you need to troll atheist sites for attention and negative attention is better than no attention at all. Perhaps you should take up a sport like drinking or drug use and give us all a break from your inane assertions and false analogies."

Nothing to add, just thought this deserved to be shown multiple times. I've joined Old Man and Tin Man in spitting out my cheerios.

Sheldon's picture
Clearly, if an action is

Clearly, if an action is immoral for one being but not another, objective morality cannot apply.”

AJ777 "Why?"

Objective
Noun
Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Dear oh dear, I am yet again forced to wonder if you are being deliberately obtuse?

As Cognostic has asked again and again, name one objective moral that your deity hasn't violated?

The fact you can't do this is no doubt The reason for the latest embarrassing evasion on your part.

Is it moral to torture children? You claimed that it was your opinion it was not. Yet can't / won't say why, and can't / won't explain why you're contradicting the binlicalavtions of a deity you claim is perfectly moral?

Your inability to answer with anything cogent here says it all. Can you really think evasion is a compelling argument to these obvious flaws in your main claim for objective morality and objectively moral deity?

I'm very dubious I must say. Your apologetics seem wooden and rehearsed here to me yet again, as if you're reading from a prepared script of standard religious apologetics.

Sapporo's picture
AJ777: “Clearly, if an action

AJ777: “Clearly, if an action is immoral for one being but not another, objective morality cannot apply.”

Why?

The state of California has laws that apply to those that live there. Those living in China are not required to comply with California law. God is not subject to human laws, but is the source of our moral law. If the life you live is due to Gods act of creation and will, how is it immoral of a Him to decide when the best time is for you to change location from a temporal existence to a different existence. Dying in the Christian worldview is not inherently bad, unless one has chosen to be separated from God. If you created a clay bowl and then chose to destroy it and make it something new and better, would you be an immoral bowl murderer?

...you were the one claiming morality is objective.

I don't know where you get the idea from that I think the laws in California apply in China.

Cognostic's picture
Then your god is a murdering

Then your god is a murdering butchering ass with no morality what so ever. How is that not frigging obvious. There is no morality in simply following commands. I can teach a frigging dog to do that.

QUESTIONS AJ777 refuses to answer.
AJ777 ASSERTS ATHEISM IS OR HAS A WORLD VIEW:
STILL WAITING" ANSWER THE QUESTION! YOU MADE THE ASSERTION NOW DEFEND IT.
(Do not let him shift or wiggle out of a response to your questions. He does this over and over and over. Keep asking the question until he gives a response or admits he is wrong.)

The set of atheist beliefs.
1. Atheists do not believe in god or gods.
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

Empedocles's picture
The Set Of Atheist Beliefs

1. There are no gods.
2. Science and technology are the only answers to mankind's problems.
3. Evolution.
4. The earth is spherical.
5. The Bible is mythology.

Nyarlathotep's picture
2 through 5 are not required

2 through 5 are not required to be an atheist.

Empedocles's picture
A wold view is a particular

A wold view is a particular philosophy of life or conception of the world. Are you suggesting that total agreement is required?

Nyarlathotep's picture
@The Set Of Atheist Beliefs

@The Set Of Atheist Beliefs
I don't even understand your complaint. You listed "The Set Of Atheist Beliefs"; but included beliefs that are not required to be an atheist. You might as well said:

6. Prefers Coke to Pepsi.

Since that isn't a requirement either.

Empedocles's picture
Preference isn't a belief. I

Preference isn't a belief. I posited a set of beliefs, not preferences.

Sheldon's picture
"I posited a set of beliefs"

"I posited a set of beliefs"

Atheism is not a set of beliefs, it is the absence or lack of a belief in a deity or deities. As Nyarl has tried to explain to you, atheists may or may not believe any of the things you listed, but atheism does not require that anyone hold those beliefs, or any beliefs at all.

Any human that has never encountered the concept of a deity, and therefore knows nothing about it, are by definition atheists, they demonstrably don't hold a belief that deities don't exist though.

Incidentally I am an atheist, and I don't hold that belief either if the claim is unfalsifiable. If something is unfalsifiable I must remain an agnostic, but I am also an atheist as I don't believe claims for which no objective evidence can be demonstrated.

Old man shouts at clouds's picture
@ Sheldon

@ Sheldon

This post is an example of why you have your own very large folder on my 'puter. Thankyou.

Sheldon's picture
Kind of you, but I'm not sure

Kind of you, but I'm not sure the ability to read a dictionary requires much praise. Although for many theists it does seem to represent an astonishing accomplishment.

What I'll never understand is what they hope to gain by lying to atheists like this? I mean it's not as if we can't Google a fucking word definition. Do they think we'll have some sort of epiphany, then fall to our knees praising the lord, just because they try to misrepresent what atheism is, or because they spend months laughably making up lies to deny scientific facts like atheism? Or that we won't notice they evade questions, offer subjective argument in place of requests fro objective evidence, or that the arguments contain common logical fallacies.

They genuinely seem to think we have given this no thought at all. Then best of all they accuse us of obsessing over it when they see that we have, and they can offer nothing tangible in response to our objections.

arakish's picture
Sheldon: "I'm not sure the

Sheldon: "I'm not sure the ability to read a dictionary requires much praise. Although for many theists it does seem to represent an astonishing accomplishment."

Just got added to my web page "Favorite Quotes at Atheist Republic" for my web site. Haven't uploaded yet, but it is queued.

rmfr

SecularSonOfABiscuitEater's picture
Whose beliefs ?

Whose beliefs ?

Generalizations are often inaccurate.

Sheldon's picture
"Generalizations are often

"Generalizations are often inaccurate."

Very true, but I have to ask, was the irony intended? I'd have overplayed that one, maybe something like..

I make it a rule to never use generalisations...

Or

It's always a mistake to generalise.

Good question. I don't think

Good question. I don't think the irony registers with a theist lol and I don't think it's so black and white. Hear me out:

I think that generalizations are more of an emotional attitude towards a population, place or thing which is likely based on one's positive/negative experience with a small sample size of said population, place or thing.

With that being the case... I guess that generalizations can be useful for an initial hypothesis, but after considering variables and whatnot, it's unlikely that generalizations can be anything near accurate. I'd be skeptical of anyone attempting to present a theory that advocates a generalization.

Sorry if that went in other directions regarding your question.

CyberLN's picture
SSOAB, you wrote,

SSOAB, you wrote, “Generalizations are often inaccurate.”

I agree. I think that’s the case generally (ha!) and is the case when one generalizes about atheists AND theists.

LOL that was a good one.

LOL that was a good one.

I agree that it's the case on both sides as well.

toto974's picture
These are no beliefs.

These are no beliefs.

1) Healthy skepticism in the absence of evidence.
2) Woooh!! You claim to read in the minds of millions of people.
3) You are claiming Evolution is false? Are you?
4)The Earth being a sphere is a fact.
5) The Bible is mythology, as are any other religious texts.

Empedocles's picture
1) Has nothing to do with it.

1) Has nothing to do with it. You believe there are no gods. And, you are wrong, by the way. There are billions of gods.
2) I don't need to make that claim.
3) I don't need to make that claim either.
4) A fact that you believe.
5) Irrelevant. It is what you believe, and again, you are wrong about that as well. You think the Tao Te Ching, Chuang Tzu, Pirqe Aboth, and Analects of Confucius are mythological?

toto974's picture
1) It has everything to do

1) It has everything to do with it. Are you an Hindu?
2) I, an atheist do not believe science and technology have all the answers.
3) You are making assertions. Tell me, how did you falsify Evolution?
4) It 's seems you're a flat earth, you may prove to the enire world that it isn't a sphere (although it is not a perfect sphere either), and grab your Nobel prize.
5) I have the Analects, and although i have not read all, it doesn't say that the Earth poofed from nothing in seven days.

Empedocles's picture
1) It has everything to do

1) It has everything to do with it. Are you an Hindu?

It doesn't matter whether it involves "Healthy skepticism in the absence of evidence" or just something you heard Patrick from Sponge Bob Square Pants say, you believe there are no gods. And no, I'm not Hindu.

2) I, an atheist do not believe science and technology have all the answers.

Okay, that isn't part of your worldview. For many it is. Are all worldviews in total agreement on everything?

3) You are making assertions. Tell me, how did you falsify Evolution?

My position on Evolution is irrelevant. We are talking about atheists worldviews, which in this thread, seems to be given in the form of 4 beliefs. I don't know exactly why that is the case, but I've given 5 commonalities. Just to see what would happen.

4) It 's seems you're a flat earth, you may prove to the enire world that it isn't a sphere (although it is not a perfect sphere either), and grab your Nobel prize.

I'm a flat earth? I'm more, uh . . . globular. None of this is relevant. You believe the earth is spherical.

5) I have the Analects, and although i have not read all, it doesn't say that the Earth poofed from nothing in seven days.

How do you know it doesn't say that if you haven't read all of it. I have, and you are correct. It doesn't say the Earth poofed. However, again, that is irrelevant. The point is, as an atheist, you probably believe that the Bible is mythology. It doesn't matter if it is or not, the point is, that you believe it is. I also addressed the false claim you made regarding all sacred texts being mythological.

toto974's picture
You asserted "the Set of

You asserted "the Set of Atheists Beliefs".

1) I do not "believe" there are no gods, i just say, even if YOU are considering this irrelevant, there is no evidence, and it could well be the case for a lot of us.

2) Nothing to add.

3) The thread is not about what YOU think we believe, but on AJ777's insitance to deny us answers for certain questions.

4) Spheroid, globular, again i do NOT BELIEVE AS we have ample evidence of that.

5) Are we going to play this all the day along. So since I "believe" that the Bible is mythology, show me wrong.

You see, you came here, on atheist republic, you are going to provide evidence to everything you will assert, especially if it pertaines to religion or supernaturalism.

Sheldon's picture
atheism

atheism
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

You're wrong, and you're also trying to tell someone you don't know what they do and do not believe, the arrogance and desperation of the lie is never lost on me, despite it being repeated so often by theists it has become a moronic cliche.

I was born into Hinduism and

I was born into Hinduism and the point you make is pretty weak.

Nyarlathotep's picture
It's just another attempt to

It's just another attempt to define atheists out of existence.

Nyarlathotep's picture
Talyyn - Are you an Hindu?

Talyyn - Are you an Hindu?

My guess is Jehovah's Witness or Worldwide Church of God.

toto974's picture
Ah yes, Jehovah's witness

Ah yes, Jehovah's witness belive they will be gods.

Empedocles's picture
@Nyarlathotep

@Nyarlathotep

Close. Very similar to Jehovah's Witnesses, but not exactly. Basically Christian without the pagan influence, i.e. the Babylonian mythologies introduced much later into apostate Jewish thinking after Alexander the Great's conquest of 332 B.C.E. and the Emperor Constantine's political bastardization after 325 C.E. The immortal soul from Socrates, the Trinity from Plato, hell from Milton and Dante, the cross from Constantine, Christmas from Dickens and Easter from Astarte . . . then Darby's Rapture.

But I would never belong to any organized religion.

Sheldon's picture

1. There are no gods.
2. Science and technology are the only answers to mankind's problems.
3. Evolution.
4. The earth is spherical.
5. The Bible is mythology.

1. A lie by theists too dishonest to admit they have a burden of proof.
2. A lie by theists sulking because their religion's immutable truths have turned out to be errant nonsense.
3. A lie by theists sulking because objective facts show how their asinine creation myth is errant nonsense. As if magic apples and talking snakes and 6 days to create everything in one go weren't enough of a clue.
4.. The earth is rotund, despite centuries of hilarious claims to the contrary. Get over it...
5. Most of it is demonstrably false, and this is supported by objective evidence. Again, get over it...

None of those claims are anything to do with atheism, you'd have to be illiterate moron or trolling to think otherwise, though obviously they influence people's decision to disbelieve in religion's superstitious hokum.

Pages

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.