The Free Speech Continuum (by Shane Caplan):
- Speech which scrutinizes or lampoons ideas. e.g. criticizing or poking fun at Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Communism, Capitalism, etc.
Immoral but Legal:
- Speech which promotes hatred on the basis of beliefs. e.g. promoting hatred against people who believe in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Communism, Capitalism, etc.
- Speech which promotes hatred based on biology or other involuntary factors. e.g. promoting hatred against people for being Jewish, Arab, Persian, Homosexual, Black, White, Disabled, etc.
- Speech which incites violence. e.g. saying Joe Blow, Magazine X, Jews, Christians, Muslims, Communists, etc., should be hurt or killed
- Using violence to silence speech
From the author: "The intent behind the diagram was to iron out some first principles. Obviously the legal precision of the diagram will vary between regions."
- Shane Caplan
Quote Source: Twitter