I have seen this term thrown around by many theists who have visited these boards. And all I hear is a bunch of whiney-ass pleas about why it is not accepted here. Well...
1) the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope
- Knowledge is fine as long as it has followed and passed the Scientific Method.
- Method only if it is the Scientific one.
- Validity only if it is testable and capable of being falsified.
- Scope only as long as it is reality.
2) the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion.
- Justified Belief — is nothing more than a fancy term for faith. It attempts to understand the justification of propositions and beliefs. In other words a fanciful synonym for Religious Apologetics.
- Opinion a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. Everyone has one.
Only definition 1 would be acceptable with the listed stipulations.
P.S. — OK. JoC and Calhais, have at it... Y'all are the only ones here with a lot to say...
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.