1. Dr. Michael Brown, a Christian writer, misgenders transgender woman in his article after a video of a trans woman who got upset at a game store in Albuquerque, New Mexico when the clerk used the wrong pronoun when he spoke to her. She was called by another customer a "sir" when she wanted to be called "ma'am." Brown wrote:
First, when you watch the video, it's immediately clear that the customer is a man who identifies as a woman. He is sir by birth, even if he now identifies as female.
Listen to his voice and look at his face.
He can take hormones and grow breasts. He can surgically alter other parts of his body.
That still does not make him "ma'am."
2. In a video, a woman who was accused of stealing from her husband's family, was forced to lick the red hot iron three times by the Islamic Bedouin judges. Bedouins are desert-dwelling nomadic Arabs. If the defendant's tongue blackens or blisters, it means the defendant is guilty. The woman was found innocent and she was asked to go and embrace the people who accused her.
3. George Pell, the Vatican's third most powerful official, was convicted in Australia of all charges relating to the abuse of two choir boys in the late 1990s. His trial was conducted under a gag order by the judge that prevented any details of the case being made public. A judge placed a suppression order on all press coverage in Australia.
4. Radhika Sahu gave birth to a baby born with a third arm which is a result of a genetic abnormality. People are treating the child as some sort of deity. A doctor has recommended the hand to be removed to give the infant a normal life. Babies born with extra limbs in India are often worshipped as reincarnations of Hindu deities.
5. Lara Kollab, a resident who worked at the Cleveland Clinic from July to September last year tweeted that she would "purposely give all the yahood the wrong meds." Yahood is an Arabic word for Jews. Over the course of many years, there have been many other anti-Semitic tweets in her timeline. she had called for violence against Jews, trivialized the Holocaust and spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. The Canary Mission, a website that documents people and groups that promote hatred, documents Kollab's social media channels, saying that most have been deleted. The profile includes a tweet allegedly published on Jan. 2, 2012, by Kollab: "ill purposely give all the yahood [Jews] the wrong meds…"
6. President Duterte continues attacking the Philippines' predominant faith until it "corrects itself." The Church has expressed alarm over the deaths tied to the government's drug war. Duterte said they should go slow in criticizing him because priests have their own wrongdoings. He said that a priest prayed for his death in a mass and he cited a report about a priest who allegedly beat up a minor who failed to feed his pet Labrador. He added, “Do not use the platform of religion to criticize me. Just say that I am wrong.”
7. On the sixth anniversary of a brutal gang rape that became a worldwide symbol of the dangers faced by women and girls, a 40-year-old man was accused of raping his 3-year-old neighbor in New Delhi. The suspect allegedly lured the child out of her home with candy to an abandoned house down the road while her parents were not home. He left her unconscious on the side of the road.
The Times of India reported that the child was rushed to the hospital with "severe injuries" and will undergo surgery. The incident occurred six years to the day after the gang rape of a 23-year-old woman Jyoti Singh PAndey was attacked by 6 men on a local bus and died from her injuries. Before his arrest, the accused was treated for injuries because locals attacked him for his alleged crime.
8. A mass grave with 34 Ethiopian Christians slain by ISIS terrorists have been confirmed by the Libyan authorities. A farm near the coastal city of Sirte, 170 miles southeast of Misrata, was used to hide the bodies. The Christians were in Liba to seek work as migrant workers, according to International Christian Concern. A propaganda video posted to social media in April 2015 appeared to show the Islamic State members shooting and beheading the Ethiopian Christians, who were all wearing orange jumpsuits, on a beach.
9. A 27-year-old woman is charged with murder by the German prosecutors. Jennifer W. and her husband, also a jihadi, bought a 5-year-old girl as a household slave in 2015.
"After the girl fell ill and wet her mattress, the husband of the accused chained her up outside as punishment and let the child die of thirst in the scorching heat," they said in a statement.
"The accused allowed her husband to do so and did nothing to save the girl."
She became the first German woman to be prosecuted for IS membership, and could face a life sentence if convicted.
10. In a Winthrop University poll, half the people in 11 Southern states believe America was founded as an "explicitly Christian nation." The position is particularly popular among white evangelicals.