1. Right-Wing Pastor: God Sent Us Coronavirus Because of Homosexuality
2. 'I cannot find my father's body': Delhi's fearful Muslims mourn riot dead'
Location: Delhi, India
3. India's Sikhs offer help to Muslim victims of New Delhi ethnic violence
4. Taliban won’t acknowledge Women’s Day ‘because it is not in Islam’
5. Canada moves to criminalize LGBTQ+ 'conversion therapy
6. Pastor Puts Anti-Gay Sign on Lawn After Realizing His Neighbors Are Lesbians
7. Pastor Who Raped Kids After “Spiritual Baths” Will Go to Jail for 34 Years
Location: Birmingham, England
8. After Invocation Snub, Satanists Hold “Infernal Ritual” Outside WA Capitol
Location: Washington, USA
9. God Gave Me An Anointed Vagina, You Only Have To Sleep With Me And Get Healed Of All Your Fertility Problems – Pastor Mrs Veronica To Men
Location: Asaba, Nigeria
10. Baptist Church in Florida Hires Convicted Child Molester as Pastor
Location: Florida, USA
1. Pastor Steven Andrew of the USA Christian Church found a way to connect LGBTQ people, women who have abortions, and people who don’t worship as he does with the epidemic. “Our safety is at stake, since national disobedience of God’s laws brings danger and diseases, such as coronavirus, but obeying God brings covenant protection (Exodus 15:26),” Andrew said. “God protects the USA from danger as the country repents of LGBT, false gods, abortion and other sins.” He added that March is “Repent of LGBT Sin Month”… which I doubt is what anyone is giving up for Lent.
2. After the Indian capital's worst religious violence in years, displaced Muslims describe losing everything. Noor Jahan, 48, who lived in Shiv Vihar, said she did not feel she could go back to her home. She had run away as the mobs descended but not before hearing the taunts of the rioters, that she said still haunted her. “They shouted ‘come out, come out, we will fuck you and you will give birth to [Hindu gods] Ram and Hanuman’,” she recalled with a shudder. Some ate still looking for relatives who went missing. Gulshan, 27, wept freely as she waited for the DNA results to confirm that a body brought in was that of her father. His body had been so badly burnt that only his right leg was found. “I depended on my father for everything,” she said. “What will I do now?”
3. Faced with the lack of a response from the authorities, the Sikh community in the country came together to help victims of rioting. Since February 25, gurdwaras – Sikh places of worship – in India were declared open to people of all faiths seeking to flee the violence. The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) organised food handouts in areas affected by the riots, as well as outside hospitals, where victims' families and loved ones were waiting. For Sikh religious leaders, these actions are part of the Sikh custom of the 'langar', or communal kitchen. Each gurdwara has one, where Sikhs and non-Sikhs can come and eat free vegetarian meals.
4. Some political leaders joined foreign envoys in Afghanistan in offering assurances of support for women’s rights on International Women’s Day, but the Taliban did not join in the global commemoration. Just over a week after the Islamist militant group and the United States signed a deal intended to end an 18-year-old war, many Afghan women are worried about what it will mean for their rights. “We respect women, we congratulate our women – mothers, sisters, wives and relatives – but not under the name of March 8, as Women’s Day, because it is not in Islam and Sharia,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said. “I think we women do not need the Taliban to congratulate us on Women’s Day … women used the day to show the Taliban that women will not go backwards,” said Fawzia Koofi, a politician and women’s rights activist.
5. Canada’s federal government has introduced new legislation to criminalize LGBTQ+ “conversion therapy”, as Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government moves to fulfill one of its 2019 election promises. The proposed amendments to Canada’s Criminal Code include offenses such as causing a person to undergo “conversion therapy”, advertising and profiting from conversion therapy and removing a minor from Canada. The legislation would not criminalize personal views expressed in private conversations by individuals looking to provide support to those struggling with their sexual orientation or gender identity.
6. Lynda Slimer, her wife, and their two daughters came home to find that their neighbor had put up a sign in his front yard. It seems that after a year, Rex Cornwell had only now discovered that they were lesbians. And since he’s the pastor at Bossier Church of Christ, he had a message for them: “God forbids homosexuality, so should we,” along with specific Bible verses that conservative Christians use to clobber gay people with. Slimer posted a picture of that sign on Facebook, and it generated all kinds of support (as you’d hope). It didn’t hurt that she herself is Christian: … [The pastor and his wife] told us if we ever need anything to just come knock on their door. All thrown out the window because they realized that we are wives and not roommates. This is not a representation of God. Jesus would not do this.
7. For 20 years, preacher Michael Oluronbi told children to take off their clothes for a spiritual cleansing. The ritual, he said, would protect them from Satan. In fact, Oluronbi used the kids’ vulnerability against them. A judge in Birmingham, England found that he sexually abused six girls and one boy during that time period, repeatedly raping his victims and impregnating four of the girls (who had abortions arranged by Oluronbi’s wife). Among his many guilty charges are 15 counts of rape. Oluronbi will spend the next 34 years in jail. His wife, who assisted in the assaults, received an 11-year sentence.
8. Because no legislator would allow Satanists to deliver an invocation inside the Capitol to open a session, members of the Washington state chapter of The Satanic Temple held an “infernal ritual” just outside the building. As if to prove the Satanists’ point, some Christians who showed up to protest even held a sign saying “Satan has no rights.” (So much for religious freedom…) But the Satanists took it all in stride.
9. Pastor Mrs. Veronica who is the founder of Life of Faith and Prosperity Ministry, Asaba, Delta State, has made a wonderful statement and offer a solution to men who have infertility problems. She said during a church service she was offering a sermon and said that any man that makes love to her will be healed of his fertility problem. She said that her mission on earth is to cure fertility problems in men and once any of them sleeps with her and her body fluid touches his cucumber, such a man will be healed of his fertility problem. She went ahead to give her phone number so that any man with such a problem can contact her for a session.
10. Darrell Gilyard molested two girls and was sentenced to three years in prison. There were additional allegations outside the state of Florida. Making matters worse, his SBC “mentor” was disgraced leader Paige Patterson, who downplayed those accusations. He said some were untrue — without evidence. He also said some of the women making the claims were “not innocent either” — which is nothing more than Victim Blaming 101. Gilyard is back in the news now because, as it turns out, he’s got a new job at a new church. Far from being “canceled,” the registered sex offender is the new pastor at Mount Ararat Baptist Church in Jacksonville.