The Brussels bombings have created a great deal of blustering lately most of which is all talk with no substance. We can forgive Trump as he knows nothing about anything and by hook or by crook (probably crook) will not be the nominee.
Trump wants to eliminate the IO funding, nuke ISIL, and build a wall on our southern border.
1. The IO is the only thing that even remotely suppresses terrorist attacks. We need to get Europe to match our commitment. Right now the US funds about 70% of it.
2. Nuking ISIL is impossible given there isn't much of a concentration in one spot, PLUS it would violate several international and US laws.
3. Trump can say he is going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, but that again is an impossibility. Mexico would never pay for it. You can't just build a wall, you have to man it and maintain it, and just a wall would stop oh.....NOBODY! Just as many illegal aliens enter the US from Canada, every international airport and seaport. If you remember history there was a wall, the Maginot Line that stopped no one. The Great wall of China that stopped no one. Hitler's European Defense Wall, that stopped no one. The mythical walls of Jericho that stopped no one. The Alamo that stopped no one. and on and on and on....!
5. There is no wall to stop the internet.
Cruz says he would keep surveillance on all Muslim neighborhoods. Yeah right. And he says he is a "constitutionalist."
1. The office of the president doesn't have authority to tell police departments what to do!
2. What is a Muslim neighborhood anyway?!
3. It would be illegal...er uh...UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!
4. There aren't enough law enforcement officers to perform such a task.
5. The Constitution doesn't allow the president to use the military in law enforcement or any other action against it's own citizens.
The thing is that the conservatives/republicans all believe this trash that Trump and Cruz are spewing.
Like I said:
Big Talk NO substance!
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.