I thought it would be interesting to do a deep dive of history to see which side has had more people that had a positive impact on the societies of the world. Like Death Battle from ScrewAttack or Epic Rap Battles. Except, since I am hosting this, it is much lamer :)
I'll start with some loose ground rules. We are not focusing on belief or non belief, or the effects thereof, but rather, the effects of belief or non belief on individuals in history and those individuals' impact on societies of their time. General etiquette is recommended. Also cite sources if possible.
I'll start, To make this fun, let's make it 2v2 or 3v3 or 5v5:
Isaac Newton, Nickolai Telsa, Mark Twain vs Plato, Bertrand Russell, and Barack Obama
1. Newton was a committed unitarian that set his mother's house on fire. With his mother in it
2. Tesla was in romantic love with a pigeon that shot lazers from its eyes and supposedly gave him visions of the future
3. Mark Twain said something along the lines that Christians were the best people for the worst reasons
4. Plato failed in created his utopia
5. Bertrand Russell was defeated in a debate with a old grandama about turtles
6. Barack Hussein Obama is a collossal, amoral, douschebag
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.