I know most of you think I am trolling and perhaps I was a little- I was just having some fun with you guys since I do see atheists shamelessly take aim at Christians and religious people all the time calling them idiots, bigots, Bible baskets, etc.
I myself am constantly teetering back and forth on my beliefs and while I understand why some people choose not to believe in a God I do find many intriguing ideas to suggest the possibility of one. And if some atheists would put aside their seemingly hateful feelings towards the classical “God” I think they may realize beliving in a creator isn’t so foolish. So before reading further, I hope you will remain open minded.
There may never be “proof” in the sense most people expect. But I do think there is evidence. Imagine if you were in a painting and you were able to look around to see the different colors, you could dissect different pigments and characterize the techniques and types of paints used. You saw you were on a canvass and you were able to tell how long the paint had been dried. There is no sign of an artist. But perhaps you can detect the artist in the brush strokes.
Science has revealed a lot over the past few decades and with the explosion of video games and computer programming we can finally see how a lot of information can be condensed into code, formulas and math. The following reasons give indication that God is most likely a programmer and reality is an algorithm being played out through evolution, physics, chemistry and the laws of the universe.
1. The complexity of DNA. If you took all the DNA in your body and uncoiled and stretched it out, it would be 2 times the length of the solar system. DNA is an actual LANGUAGE with such precision iT has been compared to a work of Shakespeare. Bill gates said “DNA is like a computer program but far far more advanced than any software ever created”. Without guidance, evolution alone would have to produce a novel like instruction code through trial and error. It would be like tossing up all the scrabble prieces in the air and in the fallen mess there reads some distinct and meaningful message. These are not interpretations from theists but by the science community as a whole. Nowhere in the natural world do we see information! The ONLY time information exists is because there is a mind behind it. DNA alone by default should clue us in to the fact that there is very good probable cause for a creator.
2. Nature is made up entirely of mathematical properties and the universe is extremely FinED tuned. Even the famous cosmologist and atheist Lawrence Krause compared the Fine tuning of the universe to that of a pencil balancing on its tip... for billions of years. He went on to explain that our universe is constantly on the brink of collapse because of the extreme precision of all its properties. Almost as though some entity or property is balancing it?
3. Quantum physics shows us that reality is made up of tiny pixels. At our most sub atomic level we are made up of pixels and empty space similar to *cough computer simulation cough* quantum physics also reveals that our reality is in a constant state of possible realities (double split experiment) and that only through observation do our realities manifest. In other words, if no one is in a room, the room exists in a state of potentials. similarly in video games When your character is not on a certain part of the game, that part of the map is currently in a state of non existence.
4. Irreducibly complex cells. If you haven’t, please research this. If you are thinking that this has already been debunked, it has not. Sure biologists have found the components of the flagellum elsewhere in the cell but they have not in no way addressed the real issue here. I can explain this further upon request. I do believe irreducibly complex cells evolved, but not without intention.
5.Nobel prize winner Barbara McClintock conducted an experiment which showed cells actively taking initiative to heal themselves. After damaging only a part of a cell she was able to see the cell “make decisions” and “figure out” how to fix the damage area. Additionally there are many examples of cells interacting and behaving in such a way that suggests autonomy,
As if they have a mind of their own. Cells often communicate, exchNge information, solve problems and innovate solutions. These behaviors indicate more than simple reactions but are examples of cells taking free willed action.
Some hypotheticals but still worth mentioning:
6. Our theories and understanding of other dimensions shed light on how a creator would be possible. With a higher dimension, it makes sense how a single entity could know or be familiar with many individuals at any given time. It also explains how someone could appear seemingly out of nowhere
7. If God we’re a programmer it would be easier for him to hack the system and perform “miracles”
This topic wasn’t meant to address any particular God however:
8. In the Bible it says god created everything in 7 days. PERHAPS, created is meant in the sense that he “worked out” the part of the algorithm that particular day Just like a chef adds ingredients little by little in the pot. By creating all the necessary elements needed, God could put reality’s action. Imagine a spunge capsule being prepped and then unleashed into water and growing and expanding until it’s Unfolded into its final shape.
With all that said, I believe the chances that we wer created are very likely. It may be harder to fathom but none the less it is no longer an obscene idea based solely on a book.
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.