Mark 6,1-3, Mark 3,30-35, Mark 1,35-42 & Mark 1,16-20

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
David Killens's picture
But ... but ...but it was

But ... but ...but it was just a concern for Lois. Superman must have had super testosterone levels. Who knows what damage his dangling participle, oops, dangling things were capable of. We must protect those precious flowers of virtue.

Grinseed's picture
Superman''s blood revealed

Superman''s blood revealed his species was closer aligned to sentinent frog-like creatures. So he only needed to ejeculate into Lois's bathwater. OK?
What about the Flash.? I really dont recall him even having a girlfriend. Was premature ejeculation a problem for him...or just his partner at the time?

SeniorCitizen007's picture
Mark 7, 24-29

Mark 7, 24-29
And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.
For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:
The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.
But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.
And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

This refers to a Greek custom. The damp inner portion of a loaf of bread was used to clean the diners fingers at the meal-table and the bread was then thrown under the table for the dogs to eat. This bread was called MAGDALEN ... the name being derived from the impressions the fingers could make in the bread.

Cognostic's picture
@ David Killens, @ Grinseed

@ David Killens, @ Grinseed. @ LogicFTW
I'm so glad I am not alone in these silly postings any more. Superman had to use krypton condoms or those little soldiers would have swam right out the top of Lois's head.

You must have absolute faith

You must have absolute faith that there is no God ... only then can the truth begin to be made known unto you. Repent and be saved ... become an atheist.

I've been toying with the idea of parading around my local town, wearing a loincloth and carrying a large cross with the above on it.

chimp3's picture
Samuel Clemons changed his

Samuel Clemmons changed his name to Mark Twain after hearing boatsmen measuring river depth in the Mississippi.

Old man shouts at clouds's picture
George Elliot changed her

George Elliot changed her name from Mary Ann when she wanted to be taken seriously....maybe Mark was actually Miriam or Magdalen?

David Killens's picture
"I've been toying with the

"I've been toying with the idea of parading around my local town, wearing a loincloth and carrying a large cross with the above on it."

Somehow, I believe that. Disturbing, but I believe it.

Alembé's picture
I'm with David K. on this.

I'm with David K. on this. Unless and until any god is proved to exist, then I consider that any further time spent reading, studying or trying to interpret any religious text such as the bible or the koran is a waste of time and heartbeats.

There is a possibility that

There is a possibility that AI may, at some time in the future, be able to deconstruct the Bible and the Koran so as to produce a clear picture of how they came to be as they are today.

Alembé's picture
Hi SC,

Hi SC,

For the sake of argument, let us propose that AI can complete that task. To what end? Such an exercise will in no way validate the existence of god. Granted, humanity will then have a clearer idea how the mythology was conceived and constructed, but it will be a record of human endeavor. At that time, the mythologies of Judaism, Christianity and Islam can then reside, and be equivalent to, those of Ancient Egypt, Classical Greece and Scandinavia.

Pages

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.