Now I know that I am an old man, and my best times are behind me, but still, I don't understand the excitement of going to parties. It's Saturday night here in DFW. There are two things that are mainly going on.
1) There is a shit load of rednecks getting fucked up in bars or at parties.
2) Cops waiting for those assholes to cross a white line or two.
I work from home and I work between the hours of 4:30 PM until 4:30 AM. I work every day except for Friday and Sunday. It's just the nature of my business.
So needless to say I can't run with the party crowd, not that I'd want to. Let's examine what a basic party is.
Someone decides to have a party with or without a theme. People start coming over. It is expected to have plenty of food and lots of booze on hand. Usually there is music and usually, it's too loud.
So what do you do at this party? In my case, I talk to people about things that I just talked to them about a couple hours earlier. Not really exciting. If there is entertainment, that is a whole other story and depending on the act it can be quite fun. But still, you have to be patient and just observe whatever is shoved down your throat. So tonight I have been invited to 4 neighborhood parties....why I have no clue.
1) Is a Peruvian party. I'm not catholic, don't speak Spanish, and don't drink.
2) One is a redneck party and they want me there just to bad mouth Dems and praise Trump.
3) One is an Ismaili Pakistani party. The food will be great and the people highly educated, but at some point, I will either be the star (novelty) or just a complete outsider.
4) Is a Vet party, but since I don't like to actually talk about any of the firefights I have been in and memory lane is really not my bag, this is not an option.
With the exception of the rednecks, I like my neighbor's who invited me, but I can't think of a good reason to go. I'd have to shave (hate it), wear nice clothes (Like just wearing T-shirt and jeans) and drink a bunch of sodas while watching everyone else gradually succumbing to alcohol.
I even hate the word "party". I hate what it's become. In my day it actually meant getting high and or becoming irresponsible.
The Mormon neighbor is having a party. They use to invite me but finally got it when I went to one and never excepted another invitation for the past 5+ years. You should go to a Mormon party. It's scary, to say the least. The women are all Stepford Wives. The men are a bunch of wimps seeing who can apologize the most, and at one point they turn on the TV and all watch the Mormon channel. The food is okay and nobody drinks, not even a soda. You feel like you should have brought a loaf of white bread. a jar of mayonnaise, and your DNA history.
Well, I guess I'll walk over and at least say hi to everyone that invited me, and come back to work, but I don't want any PART of "Party".
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.