Dear Bible lover:
These are some of the reasons why we atheists don't like your biblical posts, and tend to accuse you of being a troll.
1. Most of us were believers once, and we've already read and studied the Bible or most parts. You are not discovering us a whole new world. You can add to your comment a short verse if you want to make a point, but there's no need to get people bored.
2. As a rule, being a theist is something your parents decided for you. You were indoctrinated in your childhood and that's why you think the way you do (just as we did). If you were born in another country/culture, you would have another faith.
On the contrary, we went through a conscious, pondered, very difficult -sometimes dangerous, and in some countries, even life-threatening- change of thought. Becoming an atheist is not a rush, gratuitous or irrational decision.
3. We think your holy book may be very interesting literature, a way of studying our past, but it's just a collection of old mythology. If you were really interested in the content of the Bible, you should study some Mediterranean cultures' mythology, the ones who lived long before the Bible was written, who told some stories quite similar to the ones in your book (an example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2nB5mrZbE).
4. We're not trying to de-convert you, because -based on our own experience- that's something no-one else can do but yourself through critical thinking: Do your own (honest) research, analyze the facts, and if you think they're irrational or hurtful to other human beings, defy your own intimate convictions. Again, no-one else but you can do it. Once you let your brain works, and overcome the cognitive disonance, there's no coming back. That's why preaching doesn't work on an atheist anymore.
They've taught you to ignore the facts, by saying that's just the devil testing your faith, but that feeling of nervousness, of insecurity, of being in the edge of a cliff, it's just your common sense trying to forge its way out of the brainwashing.
5. Do you remember the scene in Matrix when Morpheus shows two pills to Neo and asks him to choose between the dreamt and the real world? The truth is ugly, yes, and dishearting. But you have to choose between a life of comforting lies or to man-up/woman-up, just face the truth and feel really proud of yourself.
6. Good luck.
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.