Secret 2020 prophecies... Let the atheist scoff

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wayne Sewell's picture
But we didn't get him

But we didn't get him pregnant, so what's the big deal?

Wayne Sewell's picture
I think I replied to the

I think I replied to the wrong post (it was my first one). It was supposed to be 29, not 30.

Cognostic's picture
@Jackrabbit RE: Responding

@Jackrabbit RE: Responding to Posts

When you respond to a post use the '@' symbol and the name of the poster to whom you are responding. Just as I have done. This will eliminate any confusion.

algebe's picture
@atheistviolator

@atheistviolator

Chernobyl is an example of what happens under a totalitarian regime that puts ideology above science and truth and rejects any accountability to the victims of its cruel follies and excesses.

Does that remind you of anything?

Grinseed's picture
"They" (scientists and

"They" (scientists and doctors) 'fcked' with leprosy, malaria, chicken pox, measles, HIV, gangrene, syphilis, yellow fever, cholera, rubella, hepatitis in all its forms, breach births, impetigo, encephalitis, polio, and so on and so forth and ....saved millions of lives.

"They" continue research into the Ebola virus and all the cancers some of which have been treated successfully with...wait for it...radioactive procedures.

"They" continue to succeed.

Despite and maybe in spite of your god.

Nostradamus could do nothing against the bubonic plague that killed his family.

He 'fcked' with prophecy, and although he did not mention all the above he apparently did get one thing right. He predicted the use of sound waves to treat cancers.....but strangely not radioactivity. But Democritus was even more notable in declaring the basis of atomic theory in 500 BC.

Regardless, Nostradamus is 'fcking' with you.

boomer47's picture
@Grinseed

@Grinseed

Some things I read about Michel de Nostredame . Now I don't remember where or when, so I might be wrong;

(1) He invented some spiffing recipes for jam, some which remain in use.

(2) At one time , he took all of his quatrains into one bundle and threw them into the air. He them put them back together in the order in which they landed. IE randomly. It has occurred to me that old Michel could have been pranking those who believe in prophesies.

(3) Today scholars seem to think that the prophecies of Nostradamus referred to eighteenth century France.

OT; Is our apparently illiterate newcomer meant to be a Christian ? From memory, Christianity and Judaism expressly forbid any form of fortune telling

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

From wikipedia:

"Most academic sources reject the notion that Nostradamus had any genuine supernatural prophetic abilities and maintain that the associations made between world events and Nostradamus's quatrains are the result of misinterpretations or mistranslations (sometimes deliberate).[8] These academics argue that Nostradamus's predictions are characteristically vague, meaning they could be applied to virtually anything, and are useless for determining whether their author had any real prophetic powers. They also point out that English translations of his quatrains are almost always of extremely poor quality, based on later manuscripts, produced by authors with little knowledge of sixteenth-century French, and often deliberately mistranslated to make the prophecies fit whatever events the translator believed they were supposed to have predicted. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus

Old man shouts at clouds's picture
@ Cranky

@ Cranky

In short it is all utter bollocks. Have an agree.

Grinseed's picture
@ Cranky

@ Cranky

Indeed. Have another agree.

atheistviolator's picture
You're missing the POINT:

You're missing the POINT:

WHEN APPARENTLY HARMLESS TESTS GO TRAGICALLY WRONG...

Sheldon's picture
atheistviolator "WHEN

atheistviolator "WHEN APPARENTLY HARMLESS TESTS GO TRAGICALLY WRONG..."

It was not a harmless test, if you had even a cursory knowledge of the topic you'd known it was extremely reckless to the point of criminal negligence, that was bungled incompetence of the most breathtaking kind. There was also an inherent flaw in a major safety design of the USSR's nuclear stations that the testers were unaware of. Relating to the fuel rods being reinserted into the reactor core, and the accelerated reaction produced by the graphite coating on them. The testers had let the reactor almost stop, and then tried to bring the core reaction back up insanely quicker than was safe. You really ought to glean some facts before commenting on any topic, as your ignorance here is not only embarrassing, it manifestly shows you have no interest in facts or the truth.

It speaks volumes you'd rather vacuum up religious lies, rhetoric and propaganda from YouTube, than educate yourself with the most basic facts. This then is everything that is wrong with religion, and superstition, in that it instils a sense of false achievement in believers who deny facts in favour of their a priori belief. Your posts started as a joke, and very quickly became a cliche, all very sad, and yet oh so typical of theists who know next to nothing, yet think they possess absolute knowledge.

boomer47's picture
@atheistviolator

@atheistviolator

"You're missing the POINT:

AGAIN with the argument from ignorance IE You would agree with me if you understood. You're simply too ignorant or stupid to grasp my point.

Perhaps have a go at explaining it simple terms? (without Youtube )

I think my brand new irony metre just broke.

Wayne Sewell's picture
I haven't been on an atheist

I haven't been on an atheist board for years. Looks like nothing has changed. Same lame arguments from biblebangers who think they can "violate" us. All they can violate is common sense and logic.

Cognostic's picture
@Jackrabbit: Yep, same old

@Jackrabbit: Yep, same old shit day in and day out from the theists. The real entertainment comes from the other atheists. You gotta wait for it but when the intelligent, logical, rational, brains around this place hit the end of their patients with the fucktard theists, really funny shit goes on.

Grinseed's picture
No, atheistvilifier, you, are

No, atheistvilifier, you, are missing the point.

The real harm and danger and 'fcking' is when otherwise intelligent people succumb to following pointlessly rigid dictates promulgated by barbaric and ignorant priests several thousands of years ago and forsake their own natural ability to reason and apply considerate humane actions, just to seek delusional personal favour with a mythical supernatural entity which defies the rules of all common sense, regardless of the cruelty and lack of compassion they force upon others.

This irrational superstitious behaviour is further exacerbated by a wilfully stubborn and arrogant attempt to validate the charlatan claims of prophecies of a terrified Dark Age alchemist poet.

Rejoin the human race, reclaim your honourable membership with "sapien sapiens" now. Be an ape.

@ Jackrabbit, welcome back. Yes , same old. There's nothing new. Celsus back in the first century AD made the same complaints about christian arguments for their faith, rejecting common sense and reality.

atheistviolator's picture
Hurts to have your delusions

Hurts to have your delusions burst, eh?

CyberLN's picture
D’fuck, atheistviolater? Can

D’fuck, atheistviolater? Can you please be more succinct?

Grinseed's picture
@ atheistvivisector, yes

@ atheistvivisector, yes indeed it does hurt,

But then when I stopped aspiring to be an eternal celestial angel and accepted the reality of being an intelligent ape instead, everything was peachy keen again...or is that banana keen again?

Come, join the simian side. It is your destiny, written in the stars and worthy of a quatrain all your own.

"For when the mangler of unbelievers,
Forsakes the poorly verses of the seer,
And reclaims the lowly stamp of his hairy origins,
This place, momma, is gonna rock."

Sheldon's picture
atheistviolator Hurts to

atheistviolator Hurts to have your delusions burst, eh?

How on earth would you know? And no, on the contrary if I am ever wrong about something I'd be thrilled to be corrected, as I'd have managed to learn something, you ought to try it, as your posts suggest very few people are so desperately in need of knowledge as you clearly are.

You even claim that the test on the Chernobyl plant was routine, when in fact it was beyond reckless in the way it was conducted, and the reactor design itself had an inherent flaw in one of its major safety designs, facts anyone can Google if they have any interest in learning the truth, and which you ignored in favour of dishonest religious rhetoric, and that speaks volumes about you, even without the rather puerile trolling.

Calilasseia's picture
I've already presented my

I've already presented my suspicions about the identity of this latest specimen to one of the admins, and I suspect said suspicions may prove to be correct ... let's just say I smell certain familiar features about the rhetoric being dispensed ...

Nyarlathotep's picture
@Calilasseia

@Calilasseia

Oh yeah, you were dead on. That user has been removed.

To be honest, I kind of dropped the ball. I recognized they were a previous banned user; but we often times allow those people a 2nd chance. But you reminded me of which exact person this was, and they will certainly not be getting a 2nd chance (as you know, they have a long history of making threats and other really nasty stuff).

LostLocke's picture
Is there going to be an

Is there going to be an unmasking of this particular iteration of the user?

Nyarlathotep's picture
It's difficult to answer your

LostLocke - Is there going to be an unmasking of this particular iteration of the user?

It's difficult to answer your question directly, without violating the forum rules.

I'll say one word: prophetofrevenge.

LostLocke's picture
Oh sorry. Didn't know we

Oh sorry. Didn't know we couldn't link banned accounts with each other.

Nyarlathotep's picture
@LostLocke

@LostLocke

Oh I didn't mean that. I mean this guy is actually kind of notorious. I mean that he is well known on the internet; and his real name and lots of his personal information is very easy to get.

I almost feel that he shouldn't be entitled to the privacy we try to give users here. But the rules are the rules for a reason.
---------------------------------------------------
I misunderstood your previous question. I don't have any problem with answering it now:

Old man shouts at clouds's picture
@ Nyar

@ Nyar

Ahhh that guy! Tin Man was miffed 'cos he didn't get threatened last time....ah well maybe next time....

Tin-Man's picture
@Old Man Re: "Ahhh that guy!

@Old Man Re: "Ahhh that guy!"

Awwww, maaaaaan...! I KNEW that dude sounded familiar. Shucks, darn, phooey, and fiddlesticks! If I had realized that soon enough, I would have asked him why he did not include me in his threats. That was just plain rude. After all, I certainly did my fair share of lampooning to deserve a good threatening. Matter of fact, I do believe I earned a threat WAY more than you or Cog. Just ain't fair, I say... *shaking head in disappointment*... Nope. Just ain't fair... *heavy sigh*...

Cognostic's picture
https://www.youtube.com/watch
Sheldon's picture
What a full llife that sounds

What a full life that sounds like, going from forum to forum setting up new accounts, just to get banned for trolling all over again. Is he an actual theist does any one know? Or doesn't it matter who he is trolling?

Calilasseia's picture
You'll find PZ Myers has much

You'll find PZ Myers has much to say about this individual if you perform the requisite digging ... none of it complimentary ...

Grinseed's picture
...mmm...if I had known that

...mmm...if I had known that about him I wouldn't have written a quatrain for him...and for what its worth Tin I didn't even get any recognition either, much less a threat. I share your sidelined pain, mate.

Pages

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.