"What Science Can Learn From Religion" - NYT Sunday Review 2/3/2019

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fleeing in Terror's picture
"What Science Can Learn From Religion" - NYT Sunday Review 2/3/2019

The last page of today's New York Times Sunday Review has an article by David Desteno a professor of psychology at Northeastern University.

"What Science Can Learn From Religion"

Pre Benne Dick, I would have loved it. Now I couldn't stomach reading the article.

The theologians with the most impact to me are the ones that are using theology as a justification for pedophilia. See yesterday's post at the bottom.

I thought you would find the topic interesting.

Subscription Note: 

Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.

Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.

Cognostic's picture
They can learn to lie about

They can learn to lie about the efficiency of their results, promise miracle cures, and when the cures don't work blame the patients for doing things wrong.

arakish's picture
Only one thing can science

Only one thing can science learn from religion is what it has already learned.

Religion is a self-induced delusion.

rmfr

algebe's picture
@Arakish: Religion is a self

@Arakish: Religion is a self-induced delusion.

Unfortunately it's also imprinted on children by their parents and teachers, and in many places still enforced by religious tyrants.

arakish's picture
@ Algebe

@ Algebe

Yep. So bad to see such delusions always being force fed into our youths. They begin thinking for themselves, surfing the WWW on their devices, find info to the contrary of the religion they were force fed, become confused and depressed when they think about, become terrified about Hell...

And these dumb ass parents have to gall to ask, "What is wrong with today's youth?"

As Old Man is fond of saying (paraphrased), "Strap me over a donkey and fuck me sideways."

rmfr

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.