* 297 children have died from school shootings in the U.S. since 1995
* 58 people were killed at the Las Vegas shooting, almost 200 injured
* 250,000 people died in the Asian Tsunami in 2004
* 230,000 people died in the earthquake in Haiti in 2010
* Dylan Roof killed 9 people inside a church at a prayer meeting in 2015
* Approximately 67,500 women report being raped in the US every year
* Thousands of children have been abused by Catholic priests -
Over 3 billion dollars (mostly tithings) have been paid to the victims
* 9,000,000 children under the age of 5 die worldwide every year
* 3,000 Americans were killed in terrorist attacks in 2001
* Adam Lanza shot and killed 20 children, 6 and 7 years old, at Sandy Hook Elementary
* There have been 4,705 lynchings in the U.S. since the civil war
* 15,780 children (under 19) in US diagnosed with cancer every year -
20% (3,150) of them will die within 5 years
* 800,000 Rwandas were killed in a 100 day genocide in 1994
* 6,000,000 Jews were murdered during The Holocaust
(A list like this can easily go on and on and on…………...)
Therefore, since God does absolutely nothing to stop or prevent any of
these things from happening, there is absolutely zero chance that He:
* Cares if you thank him for dinner
* Helps you with your individual financial wants or needs
* Protects your loved ones from harm
* Helps you find a job or a house
* Cares who wins a sporting event
* Loves all of us equally
* Helps us overcome sickness or disease
* Cares even one iota about what happens in anyone's individual life
Conclusion: A person would have to be a total narcissist (and lacking in basic common sense) to actually believe that God helps them individually by answering their relatively small, trivial prayers while at the very same time He quite obviously ignores and allows the unfathomably immense pain and suffering of MILLIONS of fellow human beings on a regular, ongoing basis. It makes zero sense! And don't give me any of that 'God works in mysterious ways' nonsense! Mysterious, indeed!!
(Or more succinctly, as Pirate Jack so eloquently expressed in a reply to this post: "It is foolish to believe that a god who floods the world, plaques us with disease, allows the murder and torture of children, allows concentration camps, etc........... would give one fuck about your goddamned prayer! Fucking ridiculous!")
So let's get real! It's time to face facts! We're on our own. Prayer is pointless.
Let's forego useless 'thoughts and prayers' and implement real, actual solutions to our problems!
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.