I've seen the light
Donating = Loving
Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.
Log in or create an account to join the discussions on the Atheist Republic forums.
@HT You said, "Liberal progressives want a totalitarian government to control our lives."
Nope, that is false. Wanting a fair government isn't about controlling everybody's lives, quite the opposite.
Government regulations are about making corporations pay fair wages, being responsible, and not being corrupt. You have bought into the conservative propaganda that wants to end regulation because they want to abuse labor, pollute the environment, abuse the customer, become monopolies, avoid paying taxes, with impunity.
And what gives the state the right to decide what fair wages are? Does it make any sense to leave the government, the most corrupt and irresponsible organization in human history, in charge of making sure corporations are responsible and not corrupt? And in regards to polluting the environment, the EPA dumped toxic waste into the Colorado River recently, so why the fuck are these retards in charge of protecting the environment?
The fact of the matter is this, everything you are talking about is a blatant violation of the U.S. constitution. Nowhere in Article 1 Section 8 is congress given the power to establish a minimum wage.
Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 under interpretation since the 1940's essentially gives Congress a blank check to regulate whatever they want. For example: in 2005 the courts reaffirmed that if something indirectly effects interstate commerce, Congress has the authority to regulate it. Like it or hate it; that is the current legal system we live in here in the USA.
"Congress shall have the power... To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."
Foreign commerce is different from business in general
Interstate commerce is not foreign commerce; wake up.
They had an accident. Accidents happen. You made it sound like they did it on purpose!
1) The government is not corrupt, individuals that work in the government have been, mostly conservatives.
2) The EPA didn't dump toxic waste in the Colorado river. It was an accident, not an intentional act. Unlike the republicans in Flint Michigan that intended to use water that was they knew was contaminated. All because they didn't want to be responsible and insure safe water.
Yet another case of YOU wanting the facts to be different so you purposely mislead with your post. Tantamount to lying. Another reason for you to never to write a book.
1. The govt is inherently corrupt, don't try and tell me that our government isn't corrupt at all.
2. It doesn't matter, it was still irresponsible, and I never said it was intentional.
1) Prove that the government is corrupt. You are asserting that the government has corrupt intentions and acts on those intentions. You assert that is the intention of the government to deal in corruption when the opposite is true. Now individuals are corrupt but government is not.
2) Read your own fucking post " the EPA dumped toxic waste into the Colorado River." That implies intention. NOW you are saying it was irresponsible. You are changing your tune.
"I believe in a non-personal cosmic force, like gravity, except displaying a level of intelligence. My reason for this is incredibly simple, organization requires an organizer, and design a designer."
But by this logic something would of had to design the designer, and something would have had to design what designed the designer's designer, unless this designer dosen't behave under the same principles that the rest of the universe does. (In which case rationality is useless and it is not worth discussing) While yes, there may in fact be a "cosmic architect" of sorts, this arguement (Which is essentially "Intelligent Design") offers no definitive proof of one's existence.
No, matter and energy need to be created, cosmic forces can exist without being created, as they are inherent.
How do you know this?
Define a "cosmic force" that is capable of producing matter and energy.
Gravity exists and in relation to mass and the density of that mass. So they are NOT "inherent."
Will there be any dousing for giants in the book? I'd love to read about that.
Oh yeah that is right. Two months ago he was telling us about giants and how that "confirmed" the Torah...