So to first answer this question yes I believe in god, no I am not a Christian. I am no follower of religion however I believe in the bible. I have atheist friends Who I am friends with out of pure love. But I do no necessarily agree with their lifestyle choices I still care for them out of an obligation I feel I must have. Just like anyone else. There are just some things I'm not quite understanding of in atheism. do you not believe in ANYTHING? Is it just intelligent design? Is it because of a hard time with bible thumpers? Is it from abuse? what is the logical reason and proof of the non existence of God or anything related. What is the proof of a non intelligent design? Any answers I'd love to have a conversation about this with actual people who believe in non belief... (irony)
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.
thetruth1120 - "what is the...proof of the non existence of God or anything related"?
Do you think the Easter Bunny is real? Probably not.
Do you have proof the Easter Bunny is non-existent? No you do not.
Then why would you ask for proof of god's non-existence?
Well actually there is proof of the non existence of the Easter bunny so that argument is invalid.
lol, then please present that 'proof'
Of course to you I would be insignificant. but logically you cannot hold the Easter bunny and a creator in the same light... they don't have the same weight. it's virtually non comparable. It's like comparing the weight of a marble to the weight of the moon. They aren't even on the same scale. So it only makes sense for you to think like that. But when you are talking about an overall creator you can't think of hi in the light of a human aspect it won't ever add up. trying to measure a football field with ruler. It's just not the most logical thing to use... you've gotta think bigge r than that... it's bigger than what our heads can grasp... and thats what pepole don't like. They don't like not knowing all there is to know...
still waiting for the proof...
The Easter Bunny (also called the Easter Rabbit or Easter Hare) is a folkloric figure and symbol of Easter, depicted as a rabbit bringing Easter eggs. Originating among German Lutherans, the "Easter Hare" originally played the role of a judge, evaluating whether children were good or disobedient in behaviour at the start of the season of Eastertide.The Easter Bunny is sometimes depicted with clothes. In legend, the creature carries colored eggs in his basket, candy, and sometimes also toys to the homes of children, and as such shows similarities to Santa Claus or the Christkind, as they both bring gifts to children on the night before their respective holidays. The custom was first mentioned in Georg Franck von Franckenau's De ovis paschalibus (About Easter Eggs) in 1682 referring to a German tradition of an Easter Hare bringing Easter eggs for the children
Folk lore is a fairy tale, or legend with false people or objects in it with human characteristics.
Custom is like a traditional thing... so it has nothing really to do with religion regardless...
1) reproducing someone else's work without mentioning the fact that you are doing it, is plagiarism.
2) what you have given is a history of the Easter Bunny. You said there was "proof of the non existence of the Easter bunny"; so I'll continue to wait for you to present that.
In the history of the Easter bunny it STATES that it is false... so it doesn't take away from that fact... also I never stated these facts were of my own... therefore it is not plagiarism. I'm not turning in an essay... nor am I being rewarded for it. So no plagiarism here we both know where it came from... no secret...
Still waiting for your disapproval...
Why isn't it comparable...because one is biblical, and the other is not? If someone believes that an Easter Bunny exists, they WILL believe that...biblical or not. It IS in the same light, they are thins that people are taught to believe from a very young age,that make absolutely NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. But, We can eventually tell the truth about an Easter Bunny, buT MUST continue to believe a biblical story that is even MORE ridiculous, because it is about a "creator"... something that hasn't shown it's presence in over 3000 years, bu theists still say "is comming." MAN, how ridiculous is THIS conversation...talking about Easter Bunnies now...but, PROVE that one dosen't exist!!??
It is clearly documented that it is folk lore so it's proven to be false
And see here is our first major stumbling block. You have provided pretty good evidence that the Easter Bunny is not real, but you haven't even started to provide proof. All the documentation in the world wouldn't even come close to proof that the Easter Bunny isn't real. In the real world it is typically impossible to prove or dis-prove things.
If the person who had invented the thought of the Easter bunny says it's false who are we to deny?
If the person who had invented the thought of the Easter bunny says it's false who are we to deny?
You are missing the point. That is not proof. That is only a claim.
Talking about "documentation", find the biblical scripture,( anyone will do) that tells us to celebrate Christmas...or one that pinpoints an exact date, and/ or time of year that Christ was born?? Relying on the "documentation" from what is descibed in the bible, Christ could NOT have been born on Christmas!! Where is the "documentation", and/ or physical evidence other than simply "belief" that gives an exact date for the "resurrection" known as Easter?? Surely, an historic event such as this will ,have had an exact date, just as December 7, 1941, July 4, 1776, and even...December 25!! What is the EXACT DATE of this "blessed" event? Why are these things such a mystery...yet scientists have gathered evidence to link certain happenings to certain time periods dating back millions, and yes... billions of years ago. But when it comes to the "almighty," well, He's a sly one!! People will believe there is a God, or creator, because they WANT to believe it...not because there is any sensible PROOF that there is one. If you look up in the sky, and WANT to believe that you see your beloved, deceased grandmother, father, wife, husband, brother, mother, friend,...whomever...you WILL SEE IT!! Because, very simply, theism, and religion are for people who can't let go, and cannot deal with reality...so they choose to hold out "faith" that they WILL somehow see their loved ones again, and "skip to me loo" into "paradise," and a "better place." You see, for atheists, faith,and belief alone are not enough to say that something exists. Would you believe anything that a salesman wiil tell you rightoff the bat without checking that what he is telling you is true, before you give this person your money? Same concept.
1) So you believe in the deity of the bible and the teachings of the bible but are not a Christian? How does that work?
2) Atheism is a position regarding deities and the supernatural, nothing more. I fail to see how you are able to equate this to lack of belief in anything.
3) Why am I an atheist? It is the default position at birth for everyone.
4) I look at "god" / the supernatural in the following way, yes it is possible (IMHO to be intellectually honest you have to admit anything is possible), however, I do not consider (based on my life experiences to date) it to be probable. So I live my life as if it does not exist.
Because Christianity is corrupted the things they do are not teachings of the bible I do believe the bible to be right and the bible mentions NOTHING about serving in a specific religion. period
Are you claiming Christianity is not a religion?
Christianity is definitely a religion. I'm just not a part of it... I don't think God is either... I believe in the ORIGINAL Hebrew bible. not some book depicting a blue eyed white Jesus.... no that was a tactic used to oppress Africans into slavery. Because a white Jesus is better... it's false... that's why we are I the state that we are... because people do not know the truth about even the bible. So it's dumb anyways..
The bible also states that any woman who engages in sex before marriage will be stoned to death...great God you have there!! Go to youtube, and type in "Bill Maher debates religious fanatic." You'll get a kick out of that one!!
So tell me... do you believe in intelligent design?
thetruth1120 - "do you believe in intelligent design?"
Then make a living rose... you can't can you???
you don't look at at painting and go "ohhhhh there was a chemical reaction between paints and it formed the mona lisa.... " you don't say "those bricks came together with the cement and chemically bonded this house" NO... EVERY BUILDING HAS A BUILDER EVERY PAINTING HAS A PAINTER EVERY CREATION HAS A CREATOR...
Do you believe in Darwins theory of evolution that we came from some other species of animals? If so, can you give me current proof of change In species?
1) What do roses have to do with intelligent design?
2) Paint, canvas, brushes, bricks and mortar were not created by one person. They are a result of many, many person hours of research and development. Part of this would be trial, error and experimentation. Anything which worked would be retained, anything which did not would be discarded. Rather like how evolution works. I suggest you research natural selection.
3) If every creation had a creator who or what created your deity?
4) The Anole lizard.
"The anole lizards of the Caribbean islands represent a group of about 150 closely related species, most of which evolved within the past 50 million years from a single colonizing species. Different processes, including geographic isolation, adaptation to different environments, and reproductive isolation, play a role in anole speciation."
1. If you cannot create something with your pure ability, then what can? These things did not just come about from nothing they are too complex, you proved that much for if it was not complex then it would have been done.
2. My deity is not a creation it is alpha and omega. There is nothing before it or after...
3.that is not proof which I can see today, you just said 50 million years (too large of a time frame for me to see)
Also the lizard did not change from one species to another so that is invalid. (It is still a lizard)...
Darwin is saying we came from monkeys but we are TWO DIFFERENT SPECIES.... so tell me now... how is this possible? We are from them? Give another example please
2) So everything does not require a creator?
3) I have provided a valid example. It is not my fault if you do not understand this. BTW, if you are really interested, which I very much doubt, you can do your own research. Here is a good starting point - www.google.com
4) No, it is not invalid. Lizards are not a species. There are many different species of lizards.
"The anole lizards of the Caribbean islands represent a group of about 150 closely related species, most of which evolved within the past 50 million years from a single colonizing species."
5) "Humans are primates. Physical and genetic similarities show that the modern human species, Homo sapiens, has a very close relationship to another group of primate species, the apes. Humans and the great apes (large apes) of Africa -- chimpanzees (including bonobos, or so-called “pygmy chimpanzees”) and gorillas -- share a common ancestor that lived between 8 and 6 million years ago. Humans first evolved in Africa, and much of human evolution occurred on that continent. The fossils of early humans who lived between 6 and 2 million years ago come entirely from Africa."
"Then make a living rose... you can't can you???"
Pardon my language here... but that is such a stupid comment, I think it's just intended to irritate people?
Atheists don't believe in a magical god that can create things by magic, but you ask an atheist to magically create a rose?
You seem to intelligent to ask such a dumb question.
Intelligent design is a religious belief held by fundie Christians. There is nothing scientific about it.
How can anyone believe in science without believing in religion when the people who were the first scientists were ROMAN CATHOLIC???? hmmm.... it all derived from the bible at first.... it wasn't supposed to be a supplement for god.... it was to give more explantation for why things were they way it was... not to cancel it out... but...