Perfect Questions for AJ777 and DAEMS

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sheldon's picture
So no theist is able to

So no theist is able to demonstrate any objective evidence that objective morals exist. They can't even offer one example.

You have to see the irony after weeks woo woo claims and assertions.

arakish's picture
@ AJ777

@ AJ777

Well, Sheldon, beat me to the responses I was going to give. But I shall repeat them.

100% Objectivity does NOT exist. It cannot exist. Even your deity is subjective with the morals and truths it forces onto people. And whenever your deity decides it morals and truths interfere with its subjectively screwed-up plan, it breaks those morals and truths at a whim. If your deity's morals and truths are objective, then why do those morals and truths not apply to your deity?

rmfr

DoesAtheismEvenMakeSense's picture
Just thought of something

Just thought of something while trying to find HARD, EMPIRICAL, OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE that morality is objective. I decided to consult the scientific method, since that is how you provide the evidence at which you seek, right?? Consider these definitions.

sci·en·tif·ic meth·od
noun
a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

So the scientific method is used in natural science? What is natural science you ask?? Let's consult the dictionary once more.

nat·u·ral sci·ence
noun
plural noun: natural sciences
a branch of science which deals with the physical world, e.g. physics, chemistry, geology, biology.
the branch of knowledge which deals with the study of the physical world.

Key words here. Physical world. (stated twice, in fact!)

Now, would you say morality is a physical object? I wouldn't. Therefore, how can we use the scientific method to perform experiments to prove anything about morality?

Sheldon's picture
So you still can't

It almost sounds as if you're gloating at your failure?

How odd...

Ha! How odd...sounds like you

Ha! How odd...sounds like you admit I am correct.

Sheldon's picture
Are we speaking the same

Are we speaking the same language? You were gloating to atheists that you can't demonstrate evidence for your beliefs, which is bizarre enough, but why the fuck would an atheist disagree with you?

You're strange...and yes of course science can't evidence any deity, or anything supernatural, non-existent things are obviously impossible to evidence, though why you're gloating about this to atheists as if they don't know already is truly baffling.

Ha I see your point. But I

Ha I see your point. But I feel like you are missing mine, or ignoring it. Saying you can't provide physical evidence of a supernatural phenomenon does not force the conclusion that it therefore doesn't exist.

Anddd Idk, this forum has me twisting all over the place. I feel I am no longer even trying to demonstrate to you that God exists, I am merely just addressing logical flaw in your arguments where I can. That seems to be the game, no?

Sheldon's picture
"Saying you can't provide

"Saying you can't provide physical evidence of a supernatural phenomenon does not force the conclusion that it therefore doesn't exist."

I never made that claim, I was pointing out how bizarre your post was as if you were gloating that science couldn't possibly evidence your belief, I am pretty confident atheists know this already.

" I feel I am no longer even trying to demonstrate to you that God exists, I am merely just addressing logical flaw in your arguments where I can. "

I haven't seen you demonstrate anything that suggests any deity exists, and I have posted no logical flaws that I am aware of, and spotting flaws in informal logic is a bit of a pet hobby of mine, so you better evidence that claim or I am going to be fairly blunt in my response.

"That seems to be the game, no?"

No, this isn't a game, rational argument adhere to strict principles of validation, as does the scientific method. That's why things validated by those methods are exponentially more likely to be true, so either you care that what you believe is true or you prefer the to believe what makes you feel good, for me it's the former.

Now can you list the logical flaws you claim I have used please?

Sheldon's picture
Its your claim, so its for

Its your claim, so its for you to evidence it.

Can you or can't you?

Sheldon's picture
Thu, 01/24/2019 - 07:53

Thu, 01/24/2019 - 07:53
Sheldon

"Its your claim, so its for you to evidence it.

Can you or can't you?"
---------------------------------------------------

I note you paused long enough to hit the disagree button then tucked tail and ran from this. Funny as fuck...

Ha, It wasn't me. I guess one

Ha, It wasn't me. I guess one of your comrades has betrayed you.

I will disagree now : )

Sheldon's picture
For once I'll believe you.

For once I'll believe you. Plenty of theists breeze through here and leave holding a grudge at the lack of reverence shown to their beliefs. I'd like to say I sympathise, but I mean look where they have come to voice them, I will never understand what they expect from atheists.

Sapporo's picture
DAEMS: Now, would you say

DAEMS: Now, would you say morality is a physical object? I wouldn't. Therefore, how can we use the scientific method to perform experiments to prove anything about morality?

You're someone who thinks that morality is objective, not me.

xenoview's picture
Morality is subjective, it

Morality is subjective, it comes from the mind. If it was objective, then everyone would know it. No god would be required.

Foe4500's picture
Sheldon bro just stop like

Sheldon bro just stop like you have the dude as your avatar so you want people to think you’re as competent as him. Which you probably are considering he is an ACTOR.

arakish's picture
Foe45: “Sheldon bro just stop

Foe45: “Sheldon bro just stop like you have the dude as your avatar so you want people to think you’re as competent as him. Which you probably are considering he is an ACTOR.

And your avatar?

rmfr

Sheldon's picture
A grinning bell end. Apropos,

A grinning bell end. Apropos, wouldn't you say?

Sheldon's picture
Can someone translate this

Can someone translate this for me please? It appears to be a fairly vapid weak ad hominem, I feel like I was just slapped by a very small child.

Ramo Mpq's picture

Attachments

Attach Image/Video?: 

Yes
Sheldon's picture
While you're here, is there

While you're here, is there any context where it is moral for 50+ year old man to rape a nine year old child?

You left without answering....

arakish's picture
Oh, and in adding, don't

Oh, and in adding, don't forget all of the questions Sheldon has asked and you refuse to answer.

Sheldon's Questions You Dodge

1. If your magic book is inerrant, why is so much effort invested to silence or kill its critics?
  2. Is it ever moral to kill non Muslims?
  3. Is it ever moral for 50+ year old man to have sex with a nine year old child?
  4. What is the penalty for apostasy in Islam?
  5. Do you believe a horse could ever fly?
  6. Do you believe you will get 72 female virgins replenished daily when you die?
  7. What evidence can you demonstrate to support your belief that a deity exists?

All you ever do is dodge these question because of two reasons:

1. You violate your own "research" directives, or
  2. You already know the answers and are afraid to admit the truth.

So much for "searching for truth" when you are too afraid of it.

rmfr

Pages

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.