If you look at my profile, or any of my posts, you will see that I am a Christian.
So why am I saying that I am an Aatheist?
I am not making a claim. I am simply rejecting the Atheists statement.
I do not beleive in Atheism or in any of its arguments (if it makes any).
I have lack of faith in Atheists lack of faith.
I am using the same line of reasoning that Atheists use.
Maybe I should state what I do believe, but that would not be in keeping with the logic behind atheism.
Do you see how meaningless my “Aatheism” is?
Can you see how meaningless it is if I remove one of the “A’s”?
Atheism is a lack of belief in any gods.
I don't believe any deity or deities exist, is a typical statement.
Here is what else it is not, or does not:
1. Is not an answer.
2. Draws no conclusions.
3. Makes no claims.
4. Is just a philosophical statement.
5. Makes no claims as to what valid evidence of Gods existence would look like.
6. Has no opinion about Gods existence or non-existence.
7. Does not answer any questions about God.
8. Does not believe that no God or gods exists.
9. Says nothing about what is believed.
10. It is a negative statement.
11. Is neither true nor false.
12. Presents no evidence.
13. Is not statement about science.
14. Is not a scientific statement.
15. Is not falsifiable.
16. Is not an empirical statement.
17. Is not testable or falsifiable.
Did I miss any?
Please comment or make a counter argument.
If you are unable to attack the argument being made.
The custom of many is to attack the person making the argument.
Choosing to subscribe to this topic will automatically register you for email notifications for comments and updates on this thread.
Email notifications will be sent out daily by default unless specified otherwise on your account which you can edit by going to your userpage here and clicking on the subscriptions tab.