Jawbone discovery pushes birth of humanity back by 400000 years

102 posts / 0 new
Last post
Travis Hedglin's picture
Some people make me sort of

Some people make me sort of wish that people couldn't breed so goddamn easily...

CyberLN's picture
""Travis was saying that

""Travis was saying that there could not be mix between different specie, a mule is a mix between a donkey and a horse."

Actually what Travis was saying is that even in the event that cross breeding occurred, it would have still been with another ape, as you can't fucking crossbreed with a different goddamned order outside of primates. Prove me fucking wrong."

Hmmmm...who are we to believe about what Travis was saying?

Jeff Vella Leone's picture
"Actually what Travis was

"Actually what Travis was saying is that even in the event that cross breeding occurred, it would have still been with another ape"
As i explained before, not a Miocene Ape, something which common ancestor is way more ancient to the point of having a cross so radically different than a Miocene ape(human), that he cannot even survive in those habitats without knowledge of fire etc....

"they have a different number of chromosomes"
Funny you say that, all apes have different number of chromosomes then humans too.
We have 2 chromosomes less then all the apes he have chromosomes records of.

"They are not a special species of their own, for they can't fucking breed, you damned idiot."
Right back at you, just because the mule cannot breed it does not mean that every cross can't.
That is called a generalization.
You call yourself a physicist and then make such stupid generalizations on species you don't even know.

Reminds me of how Christians assume that there is only one true god and they just happen to get the right one.

The mule example is to show you that a cross can happen between different species, don't assume that it is the perfect example of what happened to humans/apes.

"you damned idiot."

Last time you flame me and get a reply.

If you cannot behave yourself in a decent respectful manner you can keep talking to yourself.
No decent human being would discuss things with such a person.

Travis Hedglin's picture
"As i explained before, not a

"As i explained before, not a Miocene Ape, something which common ancestor is way more ancient to the point of having a cross so radically different than a Miocene ape(human), that he cannot even survive in those habitats without knowledge of fire etc...."

Was it an ape? If it was, you are shifting the goalpost. If we were a cross breed, which you have yet to either give evidence for, it would be two subspecies of ape that crossbred(like Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal). While a dog and a wolf, which are both canines, can breed; a dog and a non-canid cannot. At this point I will have to have you either defend your damn position with actual EVIDENCE, not your lame rationalizations devoid of any actual facts, or fuck right off.

"Funny you say that, all apes have different number of chromosomes then humans too.
We have 2 chromosomes less then all the apes he have chromosomes records of."

2 of our chromosomes are fused, we did not lose them, they are still there.

"Right back at you, just because the mule cannot breed it does not mean that every cross can't.
That is called a generalization.
You call yourself a physicist and then make such stupid generalizations on species you don't even know."

The vast majority of them, specifically those with different numbers of chromosomes, will not be able to produce fertile hybrids. Some generalizations exist because they are TRUE. As far as me "calling myself a physicist", I have a piece of paper that calls me that too, but that isn't exactly relevant to the discussion. My degree in physics does not make me right, nor did I ever appeal to my own authority on the subject, unlike you. Tell me, what kind of geneticist are YOU? If you aren't one either, maybe you should stop pretending to be superior to everybody else on the fucking planet.

"Reminds me of how Christians assume that there is only one true god and they just happen to get the right one."

Actually, you remind me far more of it, considering you are arguing for a position with no evidence, but your personal beliefs.

"The mule example is to show you that a cross can happen between different species, don't assume that it is the perfect example of what happened to humans/apes."

It is actually up to YOU, the claimant, to produce evidence of this cross. If you can't, not a single goddamn person on the planet has any reason to take you seriously.

"Last time you flame me and get a reply."

Nope. I will continue to ridicule you until you provide actual evidence for your, almost religious, beliefs. If you cannot do so, prepare for that ridicule, for you deserve it.

"If you cannot behave yourself in a decent respectful manner you can keep talking to yourself.
No decent human being would discuss things with such a person."

Oh, I have PLENTY of other people to talk to here, and they are all far more decent than you. They can at least admit it when they are wrong, and can and will evaluate their own beliefs, which makes them infinitely better scientists than you. Have fun spouting your truckload of nonsense for no purpose whatsoever.

CyberLN's picture
Thank you, Travis.

Thank you, Travis.

CyberLN's picture
Interesting that someone

Interesting that someone disagreed with the above. Do they think I am actually not thankful?

Travis Hedglin's picture
Eh, they would have disagreed

Eh, they would have disagreed if you had just said my name, because that is just how strongly they feel about me.

CyberLN's picture
I guess we all have our X's

I guess we all have our X's to bear... ;-)

Vincent Paul Tran1's picture
I'm confused. What are we

I'm confused. What are we talking about now??

ThePragmatic's picture
LoL

LoL

Vincent Paul Tran1's picture
:D

:D

Pages

Donating = Loving

Heart Icon

Bringing you atheist articles and building active godless communities takes hundreds of hours and resources each month. If you find any joy or stimulation at Atheist Republic, please consider becoming a Supporting Member with a recurring monthly donation of your choosing, between a cup of tea and a good dinner.

Or make a one-time donation in any amount.